Friday, December 27, 2013

An Empire State of Mind

owe y'all (sidebar - I've determined that y'all really is a useful word. I've been trying it on recently, but most of the time I just feel like a poser. Insert judgmental hipster kid here.) a recap of my Columbus Day weekend, and trip to NYC! 
 
Rather than trek all the way across the coutnry again, my mom gave in and made the journey for my October days off to come see me! I had a great time showing her around Fairfield, shopping in Westport, and having her support as I got my first ink - but the most exciting thing we did together was definitely taking a trip in to The City, which over here means NYC.
 
If you've kept up with my blog you've probably noticed that I typically write in list form, rather than narrative. Just the way my brain works... it's got to be the Gold in me (True Colos anyone?) So once again, I'm going to fill you in one stop at a time on all that Momma Wolfe and I accomplished in our one day in The City.

1. Grand Central Terminal - I was quickly infomed that Grand Central is not a station, it is in fact a terminal. Automatic tourist status if you call it 'station'. Kind of like "Pike's Place", rather than Pike Place, in Seattle. newb...

 
 
2. Wall Street and the New York Stock Exchange

 
 
 
3. Freedom Tower and 9/11 Memorial



 
4. Battery Park/ Statue of Liberty

 
 
5. The Plaza Hotel - as a long time Eloise fan, I was quite excited by this portrait.

 
 
6. Central Park. Hello best (ok, and first) macaroons EVER

 
 
 
 
7. 5th Avenue - no pictures here. I don't think I could even afford a photo of some of the stores on that street..

8. Rockefeller Plaza



9. Radio City Music Hall


 

10. Times Square
 
11. The subway. Which I would like to add I navigated like a pro! Christopher Columbus and Siri where looking after me, that day...



 
 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes ma'am! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202422870200063&set=a.1858434547597.111094.1442884404&type=3&theater

      Delete